Chiropractor Mike Kominsky D.C.
Dr. Michael Kominsky (Shown here with daughter, Ali) is a licensed chiropractor serving Southern West Virginia. After undergraduate work at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was on a full Track & Field scholarship, Dr. Kominsky completed his education at Life Chiropractic College in Marietta, Ga.
Dr. Kominsky has been practicing chiropractic medicine for more than 25 years, he advocates gentle, safe and effective chiropractic treatment for a variety of conditions. He is committed to promoting optimal health and well being for his patients. With many years of chiropractic training and education, Dr. Kominsky has treated hundreds of patients with conditions ranging from bulging, herniated discs to sciatica, carpel tunnel syndrome, whiplash and much more. Dr. Kominsky is also a licenced IME Evaluator and is certified to administer nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCV evaluations).
IDD Therapy is an innovative approach for the relief of lower back syndromes, including herniated or bulging discs, degenerative disc disease, posterior facet syndrome, sciatica and acute or chronic back pain. No surgery is involved, no drugs are involved and this medical, non-invasive procedure is curing hundreds of patients from chronic pain. He invites you to come in for a full consultation to learn if you are a candidate for IDD Therapy.
Dr. Kominsky uses a "whole person approach". This approach to wellness means looking for underlying causes of any disturbance or product_accu_spina_image.jpgdisruption (which may or may not be causing symptoms at the time) and make whatever interventions and lifestyle adjustments that would optimize the conditions for normal function. Using this unique approach, Dr. Kominsky is able to help you to accelerate and/or maintain your journey to good health. This also includes nutritional councelling and suplements for maximum recovery and wellness for his patients.
Dr. Kominsky prides himself on establishing long term wellness goals for his patients - patients who come to see him for maitenance throughout the years, not just when they are in pain. Dr. Kominsky and his wife, Julie, and children Ali and Miles, are active in the Beckley community and look forward to treating you and your family for years to come.
- 1980 - 1983 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Undergraduate work in Biochemistry and Nutrition
- Awarded Track and Field Scholarship
- 1983 - 1986 Life Chiropractic College, Marietta, GA - Doctorate of Chiropractic
- Spinal Trauma Clinic, Atlanta, GA - Associate Chiropractor
- Kominsky Chiropractic, Powder Springs, GA - 1989 - 1994 Private Practice
- Kominsky Chiropractic Center, Oak Hill, WV - 1994 - present Partnership Practice
- Independent Medical Services, PLLC - 2004 - present, Independent Medical Evaluations
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Appointed to Provide Healthcare Services at the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul, Korea
- Appointed to International Chiropractic Association Sports Council
- Granted Hospital Privileges, Plateau Medical Center, 2003
- American Chiropractic Association
- West Virginia Chiropractic Association
- National Association of Disability Evaluating Professionals
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Board Certified to Practice Chiropractic in West Virginia
- Certified to Perform IME Examining by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Certified to Perform Disability Evaluations by the National Association of Disability Evaluating Professionals
- Board Certified in Electrodiagnostics: Nerve Conduction Velocities and Electromyography
- Board Certified in Videoflouroscopy specializing on the Cervical Spine
- Certified Disability Examiner, Category I (CDE I)
- Impairment Rating and Disability Evaluations
- Certified in Functional Capacity Evaluation
- American College of Disability Medicine, Course Director, M. Ranavaya, MD
- AMA Guides to Evaluating of Permanent Impairment 4th Edition 9/16/00 AMA Guides to Evaluating of Permanent Impairment 5th Edition, 4/28/01
- National Association of Disability Evaluating Professions (NADEP) 503 9/29/02 - Course Title "Medical & Psychological Evaluation in Determining Impairment (4th & 5th Edition) and Disability"
- Certified by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners (CICE)
- Approved as an Independent Medical Examiner for West Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission
- Married to Julie Kominsky since 1995 with two children Alexandria and Miles
- Resides in Daniels, WV
- Member of St. Francis Catholic Church
- Four time WV State Champion in Track and Field
- 1996 Toughman Champion in the Light Heavyweight Division